Sunday 29 April 2012

Project 2 - Online Gallery Trends

I researched into the lastest online gallery trends, to find out what is most popular at the current time, and hopefully gather inspiration to produce an idea for the Debenhams website.
I discovered this website which listed the latest trends;
http://net.tutsplus.com/articles/web-roundups/50-excellent-image-galleries-you-can-use-today/



I found that the most common and popular layouts were in square thumbnails style, with all the images in the collection being able to viewed at the same time, like a small preview. It also appeared that the lightbox style was just as popular, with images been clicked on and viewed in front of an translucent screen, in which the user could see the rest of the thumbnails behind, but the focus remained on the image selected. I really like this image gallery idea, and plan to use this for my own idea to display the Henry Holland shoot photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment