Tuesday 24 April 2012

Chosen Project 2

For my second project for my portfolio, I have chosen the styling photo shoot for Debenhams. I wish to showcase as many skills as possible, and photography is a completely different area of focus compared to the previous project I have chosen. It was a group project, and the brief required us to produce a series of photographs that promoted the spring/summer 2012 Henry Holland collection for Debenhams. We were thrilled with the outcome of the photographs, and really enjoyed being on location for the shoot.

For the initial ideas on how I plan to rework the photographs, because I such had an open starting point with just the images, I pondered over several ideas.
1. Window display
2. Outdoor promotion i.e billboards, adshels etc
3. In store brochure
4. Website gallery
5. Magazine advert
6. Press pack

All of these, plus many more promotional media could have worked for these shoot photos. However I have chosen to do a website gallery that would feature on the official Debenhams website. It's the best option to be able to showcase all of the images, and I'm initially thinking of laying it out like an editorial with the item description & price positioned on each image, and links to direct the user to the collection for them to purchase. The will also demonstrate my ability in web design, and how I will transform this project to an online form.


No comments:

Post a Comment