Sunday 29 April 2012

Project 2 - Final Rework Outcome


This is the final version of the Debenhams online gallery. The idea behind the layout fits with the on trend thumbnail/lightbox theme, and even though it is something different to what they normally do, it would fit well within the website.
Because of the theme of the shoot being bright candy pastel colours, I was concerned that the dark tones of the background wouldn't be appropriate to the consistency. However during production I did experiment with the background, and felt that by matching the colour to the photos, the photos then merged into the background and didn't stand out, removing all purpose of the gallery idea, which is why it has been kept black. There's a reason they use blank white walls in galleries!
Once I had my theme and layout, I then figured out how I wanted this to be display in my portfolio, and experimented with layouts. I felt that any more than 3 photos to a page became crowded and overpowering.


No comments:

Post a Comment