Wednesday 2 May 2012

Front Cover Development



I wanted to keep my front cover quite minimal, and make sure that my name stood out the most on the page. After looking at existing creative portfolios in earlier research, I noticed certain design layouts which I felt were successful in achieving a contemporary like such as the use of line and blocks of colour with various opacity's. This is something I have used in my own portfolio. As shown from the first image on the left, I knew there was something missing to the design as it felt a bit bland aesthetically, so i experimented with colour, changing the font to a coral colour. However I felt that this didn't work. I figured out what was missing from the design and that was texture, so I included a image of notepad paper, which added a more creative feel, and also added drop shadows to the text and lines to add depth. This definitely improved the appearance of the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment